Being average or mediocre just doesn’t get you noticed. Being average means you’re typical, common or ordinary. Who wants to be that? Being average is “nothing special” at all.
Definition of mediocre: “not satisfactory, poor, inferior; barely adequate; neither good nor bad; undistinguished, pedestrian, everyday, run-of-the-mill, meagre, low-quality, second-rate.”
Can you imagine someone saying in a job interview:
- “I can give you average effort”
- “I would describe my potential as mediocre”
- “I can definitely contribute to this company in an ordinary or undistinguished manner.”
WHAT?? Yeah, sounds ridiculous. You wouldn’t get the job. Who wants to hire average? Who wants to be associated with the common, ordinary or second-rate quality? NO one does.
If you want to get noticed, get promoted, sell your product or your idea, then you have to be extraordinary, you must be better-than-the-rest. You must kill the competition with your brilliance. Stop thinking about doing just enough, and start working on being phenomenal, outstanding, unprecedented and incredible. That’s what will get you noticed.
In everything that you do, every step you take, every project you handle…..do this:
- Over deliver on everything.
- Always say yes to every opportunity (even if you don’t feel like it or it’s a lot of work, or you don’t get paid for it).
- Always be great! Be exceptional, do exceptional work. Be known for how exceptional your work ethic and results are.
- Master your craft. Whatever you’re doing, you better be the best at it.
- Most people live in average….don’t be like most people. Be extraordinary. Live there. Breathe there. Exist only there.