You need to prepare answers to the most commonly asked interview questions, so that you’re never surprised or caught off guard. Be prepared to also discuss anything on your resume or cover letter, it’s all fair game.
- What are your strengths and weaknesses?
- Why do you want to work for us?
- Why do you want to work in this field? (Business/finance/communications/IT/HR/etc.)
- Why are you a good fit for this company?
- Why did you leave your previous job?
- Tell us about the most recent time you faced a challenge at work and how you handled it.
- What experiences have you had in a leadership position?
- What experiences do you bring to the table that relate to this position?
- Tell me about yourself.
- What are your short and long term goals?
- What is your favorite book? Or, what’s the last book you read?
- What newspapers or magazines do you read?
- What websites do you visit?
- What Twitter/Pinterest/Instagram accounts do you follow?
- What are your hobbies or interests outside of work?
- Do you have any questions? (YES! –Read my post on this. Make sure you have questions prepared to ask your potential employer.)
Prepare for these types of questions by reading some interview books, such as: